M any consider it a miracle ingredient that not only protects and nourishes your skin and hair, but reverses environmental damage, wrinkles and premature aging. Here are some of the little known facts about argan oil:
- The active substances in argan oil offer amazing skin protection benefits. Not only are they anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, they also promote tissue and scar repair and healing.
- 80% of argan oil is made up of unsaturated fatty acids that are extremely resistant to oxidation.
- The oil also contains a group of compounds called sterolins that improve skin metabolism, reduce inflammation, and promote excellent moisture retention.
- Argan oil leaves the skin soft and nourished with more natural elasticity, while also restoring vitality to the nails.
- The high concentration of vitamin E and tocopherols in argan oil helps promote the production of collagen and stop free radical damage to the skin, while helping to reduce wrinkles by restoring the skin’s hydro-lipid layer.
- Conditions such as chicken pox, acne, psoriasis, eczema and unwanted scars have all been improved by the oil’s topical application.
- Cosmetic argan oil is used to fight dry, flaky skin and has been advocated in the treatment of rheumatism and burns.
- Argan oil not only repairs damaged, dry and brittle hair, but enhances its strength and shine.
- Argan oil can strengthen brittle or weak nails and soften your cuticles. Mix equal parts of oil and lemon juice and soak your nails for 10-15 minutes. Then rub a small amount of argan oil in your hands before going to bed to maintain strong and healthy nails.
- In addition to argan oil’s amazing benefits for the skin, hair and nails, it also provides numerous nutritional benefits from consumption. Culinary argan oil (which is processed differently than cosmetic argan oil) can help lower cholesterol levels, aid in digestion, reduce inflammation, and even increase circulation to strengthen the body’s immune system. Culinary argan oil and cosmetic argan oil are not interchangeable. Always choose 100% organic, cold-pressed cosmetic argan oil for skin and hair care.